Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birdhouse







Here are a few of the cards I have been making. My friend Hannah and I are working together on this project and planning to sell them at a local shop and at Christmas fairs. It's been really fun to work with linoleum prints and sewing. We are using mainly recycled or reused materials, which has been interesting and rewarding. They are all simple folded cards except the green one with the dark green ribbon, which is a pamphlet style book. I used paper from a sketchbook made from recycled paper for the inside pages and a road map of Britain for the end papers. Our little operation is called Birdhouse.

I'm excited about book arts still and am taking a workshop next month on binding, using recycled material of course!

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Hey Mary,

It's good to hear from you! Your stuff looks great, and I hope everything is going well in the UK.

Patrick